Financial Services and Research, Discovery & Innovation are now accepting applications for the twelfth cohort of the Financial Administrator Series (FAS) to be held in calendar year 2020.
The Financial Administrator Series began in 2007 and has over 400 graduates. A cohort of approximately 36 financial administrators participate each year. Highlights include networking with colleagues from across the University, and the opportunity to hear from and engage with leadership from a wide variety of University offices and units. The emphasis of the program is on critical thinking and analysis of topics that high level financial administrators encounter in their positions. Topics include:
- Panel presentation by Accounts Payable, Financial Management, Procurement and Contracting, Workforce Systems
- Research Administration and Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services
- University Budget and Planning
- Risk Management issues
- Internal controls and financial reporting
- Legal issues - the Office of General Counsel
- The UA culture and networking
- Lunch speakers, campus tours, and more
FAS 2020 will kick off with a lunch and afternoon session on January 14, and then take place over the course of six (6) full-day sessions held on Tuesdays and concluding in May. The sessions are held in various locations across or near campus, and include continental breakfast and lunch. You must commit to attending all sessions in the series. Go to the schedule and application
The deadline for application submission is October 21, 2019. Applicants will be notified of the selection results by November 15, 2019. Please contact Mary Moore at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like more information.