Compliance is everyone's job and must be a part of everyone's everyday work activities.
Financial Compliance is responsible for providing advisory services to University departments. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting with departments regarding business processes, best practices and process changes in order to increase operational efficiencies and internal controls
- Generates and compiles reports for external audits
- Reviews University responses and follow-up actions regarding audit recommendations
- Administers the PCard and departmental Compliance Review programs
- Provides guidance and education on financial/internal controls.
Code of Conduct
The State of Arizona has established a code of conduct for employees engaged in accounting, financial and budgeting activities. According to the State of Arizona Accounting Manual, this code of conduct applies to all state employees at all state agencies. For University purposes, this includes anyone who:
- Prepares, approves, or processes documents that result in a transaction in any University financial or accounting system
- Obligates the University by entering into an agreement or other contract, purchase order, PCard transaction, etc.
- Uses, analyzes, prepares reports or takes action based on accounting, financial or budgeting data from any University source
- Has review or approval responsibilities for state, local or grant fund revenues or expenditures
- Has responsibility for implementing or assuring the effective workings of internal control activities
- Business Purpose Guide
- Remote Work Expenses - Best Practices
- PCard Compliance
- Internal Control
- Who to Contact for What