Compliance is everyone's job and must be a part of everyone's everyday work activities.
FSO Financial Compliance consults with departments regarding business processes, best practices and suggests process changes to increase operation efficiency and control; generates and compiles reports for external audits; reviews University responses and follow-up actions on audit recommendations; administers the PCard and Departmental Compliance Review programs; provides guidance and education on financial/internal controls.
Code of Conduct
The State of Arizona has established a code of conduct for employees engaged in accounting, financial and budgeting activities. According to the State of Arizona Accounting Manual, this code of conduct applies to all state employees at all state agencies. For UA purposes, this includes anyone who:
- Prepares, approves, or processes documents that result in a transaction in any University financial or accounting system
- Obligates the University by entering into an agreement or other contract, purchase order, PCard transaction, etc.
- Uses, analyzes, prepares reports or takes action based on accounting, financial or budgeting data from any University source
- Has review or approval responsibilities for state, local or grant fund revenues or expenditures
- Has responsibility for implementing or assuring the effective workings of internal control activities
- Business Purpose Guide
- Remote Work Expenses - Best Practices
- PCard Compliance
- Internal Control
- Who to Contact for What