Off-Cycle Payroll Payment Request Change
High level approvals of off-cycle payments is needed due to the unsustainable volume of off-cycle requests being submitted for processing to the Payroll Office. These requests have been submitted because some departmental supervisors have failed to approve time for their employees or the Department has failed to submit the proper paperwork to Workforce Systems by the required deadline.
Off-cycle payments are issued in lieu of regular payments based on established criteria. Generally, off-cycle payments are requested when an approved time/labor record is not submitted by the required deadlines for positive pay employees or if there was an administrative error in the department or institutional administrative units.
Off-Cycle Payroll Payment Request Parameters
The Payroll Office will review the request and process it for payment if the request meets at least one of the following established criteria:
- The Employee has received less than 50% of their wages
- The hours owed to the employee are more than 8 hours
- The Employee has not been paid for two Pay Cycles
- The Employee is leaving the country
- Administrative Error
- The Employee submitted their hours on time, but the Time Approver did not approve their hours in time
- The Employee has been Involuntary Terminated
The Payroll Office will not process an off-cycle payment if the request meets any of the following established criteria:
- Retroactive pay for any reason
- If the employee did not enter and submit their time on time (deadline is Friday non-pay week)
- The Employee has received more than 50% of their wages
- The hours owed to the employee are less than 8 hours
- Pay for additional pay, like Supplemental Compensation, if the employee has been paid for their regular position
- The newly hired employee was not entered in UAccess Employee in time to add hours to the time sheet for the current pay date. This would be due to late submission of paperwork to Workforce Systems.
The process is to send a request for an off-cycle payment to payroll: email@example.com. The request should include all pertinent information on why the off-cycle payment is being requested. This includes, but is not limited to; the employee's Empl ID, the employee record, hours/dollars owed, etc.
Please remember the deadlines for these requests are as follows:
- For Pay on Pay Day Friday:
5:00 pm on Tuesday of Pay Week
- For Pay on Non-Pay Week Tuesday:
5:00 pm on Friday of Pay Week
- For Pay on Non-Pay Thursday:
5:00 pm on Tuesday of Non-Pay Week