Year-end is on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Please review these upcoming deadlines.
This Week's Year-End Activities
Friday, June 26, 2020
- Asset Retirement and Transfers - Last day for campus to turn in asset retirements and transfers to Property Management for FY 2020.
- API payment for FY 2020 - Deadline for API units to submit files for FY 2020. (API units may begin submitting FY 2021 on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.)
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Monday, June 29, 2020
- Cash Receipts - Departmental deposits for FY 2020 mus be received in the mail by Monday, June 29, 2020 to ensure sufficient processing time. If you have questions, please contact Maria Miranda at 520-621-0887.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- Service Billings and Interdepartmental Billings
- DV Approval by AP/Travel
- Purchase Order Invoices
- Interim FY 2020 Period 12 close (Preliminary Interim Close)
- Auto-Disapprove GEC/TF/SET/DI/CR documents
- Last day to close accounts
The Auto-Disapprove job will run Tuesday evening June 30, 2020
- This will disapprove any ENROUTE Distribution of Income & Expense (DI), General Error Correction (GEC), Pre-Encumbrance (PE), Salary Expense Transfer (ST), Transfer of Funds (TF), and Cash Receipts (CR).
- Ensure your documents have been finalized to avoid automatic disapproval.
- All appropriate documentation and approvals for fiscal year 2020 must be complete by 6 pm on Tuesday, June 30.
- If a transaction that should be included in the work for the fiscal year 2020 is not finalized, and is disapproved, please resubmit using a year-end document starting July 1.
If this document should not be included until fiscal year 2021, recreate in the new fiscal year. Documents that are SAVED status will not be cancelled, but when the document is submitted it will be processed in the fiscal year 2021.
Purchasing Card Transactions can have Post Dates that are several days after the transaction is made. When making purchases near fiscal year end PCard Transactions must have a Post Date of June 30, 2020 or earlier to be considered FY 2020. If you have any question concerning PCard transactions, please contact Purchasing Card Customer Service at 520-626-9091.
Sub-Accounts and Sub-Object Codes
- Do not close sub-accounts or sub-object codes on the same day transactions are processed on them. If sub-accounts or sub-object codes need to be closed, please wait until the day after the document goes to FINAL and the nightly batch runs first. Contact you fund accountant with questions.
- Sub-object codes for FY 2020 created after May 1, 2020 also need to be created in FY 2021. If the sub-object codes are not created in both fiscal years by August 3, the department will need to create a DI to correct the balance in FY 2021, once the sub-oject code is created in FY 2021.
If your department is waiting on funds that have been wired or sent via ACH, visit the Electronic Claim Transfer from the main menu page of UAccess Financials to claim the funds in the current fiscal year. Be sure to visit Unclaimed ACH and Wire Transfers Portal to assist in identifying unclaimed outstanding funds. Direct questions to Andrea Brito at 520-621-7987 or Stan Park at 520-621-3603.