The first half of fiscal year 2020 has passed by in a whirlwind and we are certain the second half will go by even faster! We are excited to share some changes that have happened in Financial Services this year to keep our customers and campus partners well-informed.
- In September, Stacey Lemos joined Financial Services as Assistant Vice President/Comptroller in Financial Management. Her extensive experience in local government will serve us well.
- We wished Duc Ma, Associate Vice President, and Susan Richmond, Assistant Director – Capital Finance, well as they pursue other interests in retirement. Their leadership of the Capital Finance and Property Management teams leave a legacy of best practices, process improvements, and consistent regulation compliance.
- A Treasury function was established and will be led by Steve Kelly, Assistant Vice President, Treasury. The teams responsible for investments, endowments, capital finance, and cash accounting have a long history of working together and combining them was a natural progression.
As we move through these transitions in leadership, we are making some additional team structure changes to leverage collective expertise and optimize business functions.
- The Fund Accountants will be working more closely with Financial Compliance and within the current PCard Departmental Compliance Review Program. They will also be assisting with training, guidance, and education on financial and internal controls. Business Offices and Fiscal Officers may notice as we integrate these services into the team.
- Property Management is now part of Financial Management. The accounting focus of this team aligns well with the other accounting services within Financial Management. Property Management will continue to be led by Michael Aramian, Accounting Manager, and responsible for University and Sponsored titled Capital and Non-Capital movable assets.The team will report to Stacey Lemos, Assistant Vice President/Comptroller.
While we have internally reorganized, you will still receive the same excellent service from our teams. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service in an innovative and high-performing culture.