Revised from 3/16/2020
Accounts Payable and Financial Compliance introduced a paperless process while employees work remotely. This has been a very successful practice and will continue upon returning to the University.
Disbursement Vouchers (DV) and Procurement PCard Transactional Documents (PCDO)
- Invoices, receipts and supporting documentation for expenditures via a Disbursement Voucher (DV) or Procurement Card (PCDO) transaction must be attached to the eDoc in the Notes and Attachments tab within UAccess Financials, unless the document contains security sensitive data.
- Information classified as regulated data and security sensitive data by the Information Security Office includes banking information, social security numbers and full credit card numbers.
- Documents may be mailed to Accounts Payable, 888 N. Euclid Ave. Rm. 402, Tucson AZ, 85721 or uploaded via the Accounts Payable Secure Upload.
- Forms such as W-9, ICON or Direct Deposit forms should not be redacted due to data requirements in Accounts Payable and should be uploaded via the Accounts Payable Secure Upload.
- Photocopies, scanned images, and pictures of legible receipts and supporting documentation are accepted
- Promissory notes for Operational Advances or replenishments may be signed and attached to the DV. If the employee is unable to sign, the DV can still be routed for approval.
- Upon return to the University, supporting documents already attached electronically should NOT be forwarded to Financial Services.
- Scanned documents, whether already scanned or future originals, should be maintained in the department until the records retention requirements are met for each document type.
- Attached documentation must be of good quality
- Accounts Payable or Financial Compliance will request originals when the supporting documentation is of poor quality and does not meet audit standards.
Payment Requests (PREQ)
- Accounts Payable will continue to create PREQ documents.
- Invoices/receipts will be attached to the Images Tab within the Payment Request for review and approval by the fiscal officer(s).
Please direct questions regarding Disbursement Vouchers to Tammy Strom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-626-5276.
Please direct questions regarding PCard documentation to Financial Compliance at email@example.com or 520-621-9097.