Last updated: August 24, 2020 - 10:49 a.m.
COVID-19 Funding Sources
Follow the link below for information regarding COVID-19 funding sources & the COV19INST Project Code
University Coronavirus Updates
Please refer to the University's central COVID-19 Response website for campus resources and information on reentry.
Impacted Services Status
Financial Services is reducing the number of individuals working on campus to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Throughout this effort we will strive to maintain the excellent customer service levels to which you have become accustomed.
Many of our employees will be utilizing Enhanced Voicemail (voicemail to email) during this time, so please leave a voicemail when calling our team members. Your call will be returned as quickly as possible. You can also contact our teams through email and IM as you normally would. Please refer to our Staff Directory for phone number and email contact info.
For your convenience, we have listed the status of our services below.
Legend: Unavailable Modified Normal
Accounts Payable / Travel Updated
- UAccess Financials eDocs: Effective March 16, business offices may attach supporting documentation in UAccess Financials to the notes/attachment tab of electronic documents to reduce paper documentation while units work remotely and ensure timely disbursements. Please see Handling Paper Receipts and Invoices communication related to this process.
- Reimbursements to vendors, students, employees and affiliates will continue to be processed. Please see Handling Travel Changes and Cancellations for guidance related to travel expenses.
- Check/ACH Distribution: Effective March 23, check pick-up at the University Services building is discontinued. Checks will be mailed to the vendor's address on file in UAccess Financials. Vendors may also be paid via electronic funds transfer or a Single Use Account (SUA) credit card emailed.
- Effective March 30, check/ACH distribution is scheduled for Tuesday’s and Thursday’s only.
- Main Customer Service Line: 520-621-9097 will continue to be available. Voicemails will be returned as soon as possible but may be delayed. For emergency situations, please contact Accounts Payable Director, Tammy Strom, at 520-626-5276.
- In-person Appointments: Many services can be accomplished through multiple online tools. However, we understand some customers feel more comfortable working in-person with a specialist. Beginning Monday, August 24, in-person services are by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment call 520-621-9097 or email email@example.com.
Effective August 3, 2020:
- In-state Travel Information
- Domestic Out-of-State Travel Information
- International Travel Information
Process on obtaining approval for essential travel:
- See Procedures section for Policy 14.18 Coronavirus Travel Authorization New
Arizona Buyways (AZBW) should only be used when orders can be delivered to main campus and the outlying Tucson and Oro Valley locations.
Office will re-open for in-person service beginning August 10, 2020.
University departments can deposit checks only by sending the check(s) with the Cash Receipt (CR) # written on the check(s), no CR cover sheet required. Please send to:
- Bursar's Office
The University of Arizona
888 N. Euclid Ave. Room 106
Tucson, AZ 85721
- Check(s) will be processed within a week of when they are received.
In-person service will be limited. Phone and email customer service will continue normally. Service may be delayed due to volume and limited in-person staffing.
Central Receiving will continue to receive packages and will make every effort to deliver to University facilities. Please note deliveries cannot be made to employees working remotely. To avoid this, we recommend the use of a PCard for online ordering and off-campus delivery whenever possible. If you have a package that needs to be picked up at Central Receiving, please contact Jeff Wilson at 520-621-3062.
In-person Appointments: Many services can be accomplished through multiple online tools. However, we understand some customers feel more comfortable working in-person with a specialist. Beginning Monday, August 24, in-person services are by appointment only, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. To schedule an appointment call 520-621-9097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paychecks for those not enrolled in direct deposit will be sent to the mailing address on file. Employees are strongly encouraged to sign up for direct deposit following How to Enroll for Direct Deposit.
Please see Guidance for Reporting Time for correct usage of time reporting code.
The PCard (PCDO) Transactional auto-approval will be increased from 14 to 28 days. We strongly encourage departments to utilize their PCard whenever possible. For questions or assistance, contact PCard Administration at 520-626-9091 or email@example.com.
Effective March 16, business offices may attach supporting documentation in UAccess Financials to the notes/attachment tab of electronic documents, to reduce paper documentation while units work remotely and ensure timely disbursements. Please see Handling Paper Receipts and Invoices communication related to this process.
Postal Services Updated
University Postal Services will begin delivering mail to campus starting August 3, 2020.
Many offices are still closed or working remotely. Postal Services cannot provide custom schedules at this time. (e.g., Monday and Friday only).
- Please email Victor Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org if your department would like mail delivered starting August 3, 2020.
- Mail for departments that remain closed will continue to be sorted and is available for pick up Monday thru Friday before 2:00 p.m. at the Paul and Alice Baker Distribution Center, 3740 E 34th Street.
If you have questions regarding mail delivery, please contact University Postal Services at 520-621-7939.
Records & Archives
We are operating on a modified schedule and coordinating with departments regarding pick-up/delivery dates, times, and locations for each service request.
- We are now open to the public: Face coverings are required inside the building. Only five customers at a time will be allowed inside. Curbside Service has ended.
- In lieu of Live Auctions, and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will be conducting smaller Special Bid Auctions until further notice.
Purchasing and Contracting
Services will continue as normal. Orders placed through UAccess Financials will be handled as expeditiously as possible. For urgent requests, please contact Celeste Kanzig at 520-621-3067 or email@example.com or Ted Nasser at 520-621-5449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surplus Property is available to pick up excess equipment from locations that remain open or have a staff member available.
Please refer to our news page for the latest communications from Financial Services.