Log into UAccess Financials and navigate to the Home page and in the ‘Jump to...’ bar, type "Shipping Account" and click enter.
Step 1: Find the Shipping Account Number
Look up the Shipping Account Number assigned to your department by FedEx. You can search for this in multiple ways:
- If you know the Shipping Account Number, enter this number in the Shipping Account Number field and click Search.
- If you know the current default account number the billing is being expensed to, tab to the Account Number field, enter the UAccess Financials departmental account number and click Search.
- If you know the Organization Code or department number the FedEx account is associated with, tab to the Organization Code field, enter the department number and click Search. This will display all FedEx accounts associated with your department.
- Once you locate the Shipping Account Number that you want to update to, click edit under Actions.
Step 2: Create a Shipping Account eDoc
Create a Shipping Account eDoc to route for approval to initiate the changes and record the changes for audit purposes. Complete the fields as follows:
- Description: Enter a brief description of what changes are required. Ex: "Updating FedEx Default Acct"
- Explanation: Not required, but highly recommended to use for the UA Business purpose for the transaction. Ex: "Updating FedEx default account due to departmental changes and oversight of FedEx"
- Fields that can be changed on a FedEx shipping account:
- Contact Principal Name: Click on the magnifying glass to search for the individual to contact for questions regarding the departmental FedEx Account. Only one person can be listed at this time.
- Chart Code: Should be UA
- Account Number: Enter the new account that the FedEx charges should be applied to or click on the magnifying glass to search for the account
- Sub-Account Number: If a sub account is associated with the FedEx shipping, enter it here.
- Object Code: Should be 3870
- Sub-Object Code: If a sub object code is associated with the FedEx shipping, enter it here.
- Project Code: If a project code is associated with the FedEx shipping, enter it here.
- Organization Reference Id: Leave blank
- Shipping Account Active Indicator: Remove the checkmark to close the FedEx account. FedEx will be notified by Accounts Payable to close the account and remove it from the weekly EDI FedEx File.
- Notes and Attachments Tab: Not required. However, if you have additional information you may add it here. NOTE: Accounts Payable utilizes this field to keep you informed of any additional actions taken or required and will Ad Hoc route the document as a communication tool.
- Ad Hoc Recipients: Not required, although user can Ad Hoc route as needed.
- Route Log: The required approvers and routing of the changes and audit trail of the approval of the changes.
- Click Submit button to submit your changes
Click Save button to save changes and come back to later
Click Close button to close the document without saving
Click Cancel button to cancel the document if no longer required
Step 3: Submit your eDoc
SHIP eDoc routes to Accounts Payable for action ONLY when an account is being opened or closed.
- NEW Accounts: Accounts Payable authorizes FedEx to ADD the account to the weekly EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) file for the University of Arizona and this is how the departments are billed for shipping during the week.
- CLOSE Account: Accounts Payable notifies FedEx to REMOVE the account from the weekly EDI file in addition to closing the account for any further activity.
- Any actions taken by Accounts Payable are recorded in the Notes and Attachments tab.
Contact Accounts Payable at 520-621-9097 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance.