In UAccess Financials, go to:
Main Menu > Lookup and Maintenance > Financial Processing > Shipping Accounts
Step 1: Find the Shipping Account Number
Look up the Shipping Account Number assigned to your department by FedEx. You can search for this in multiple ways:
- If you know the Shipping Account Number, enter this number in the Shipping Account Number field and click Search.
- If you know the current default account number the billing is being expensed to, tab to the Account Numberfield, enter the UAccess Financials departmental account number and click Search.
- If you know the Organization Code or department number the FedEx account is associated with, tab to the Organization Code field, enter the department number and click Search. This will display all FedEx accounts associated with your department.
- Once you locate the Shipping Account Number that you want to make changes to, click edit under Actions.
Step 2: Create a Shipping Account eDoc
Create a Shipping Account eDoc to route for approval to close the FedEx Shipping Account and record the changes for audit purposes. Complete the fields as follows:
- Description: Enter a brief description of what changes are required. Ex: "Closing FedEx Acct"
- Explanation: Not required, but highly recommended to use for the UA Business purpose for the transaction. Ex: "Closing FedEx account as no longer needed"
- Shipping Account Active Indicator: Remove the checkmark to close the FedEx account. FedEx will be notified by Accounts Payable to close the account and remove it from the weekly EDI FedEx File.
- Notes and Attachments Tab: Not required. However, if you have additional information you may add it here. NOTE: Accounts Payable utilizes this field to keep you informed of any additional actions taken or required and will Ad Hoc route the document as a communication tool.
- Ad Hoc Recipients: Not required, although user can Ad Hoc route as needed.
- Route Log: The required approvers and routing of the changes and audit trail of the approval of the changes.
- Click Submit button to submit your changes
Click Save button to save changes and come back to them
Click Close button to close the document without saving
Click Cancel button to cancel the document if no longer required
Step 3: Submit your eDoc
Document routes to Accounts Payable for action ONLY when an account is being opened or closed.
- CLOSE Account: Accounts Payable notifies FedEx to REMOVE the account from the weekly EDI file in addition to closing the account for any further activity.
- Any actions taken by Accounts Payable are recorded in the Notes and Attachments tab.
Contact Accounts Payable at 621-9097 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance.